Friday, January 2, 2015

Playoffs

Fans asked for it forever, it finally arrived on January 1st.



This season's games, the Rose and Sugar to decide the two teams to play for the national championship on January 12th.  I've gone on enough about what teams I thought belonged in so no need to go over that again.

Rose Bowl - #2 Oregon vs. #3 Florida State

Still basking in the glow of Michigan State's unbelievable comeback in the Cotton Bowl, we go straight to college football nirvana, Pasadena and the Rose Bowl.

Oregon, with one loss, taking on undefeated Florida State.  No argument with either team in this game although you had to figure the Seminoles would struggle considering they struggled in almost every game this season.

Yep.

I watched all of the game - the dominant Ducks showing off not only their offense but a defense that grabbed the game in the second half and took the ball from FSU at will. HC Jimbo Fisher appeared to have enough with Jameis Winston's chuck and duck passing after one of several interceptions. "Calm the ___ down!"

Oregon 59  Florida State 20  Ouch.

Sugar Bowl

Okay, I was wrong about Ohio State.  Here on out, I promise not to mention the loss to Virginia Tech again.  This is a different team than the one on the field in September.  What an amazing job by Urban Meyer, on his third quarterback, although you wouldn't know it.

During the game I realized that I was on my 11th straight hour of football watching and couldn't keep my eyes open somewhere in the third quarter.  I figured Alabama would straighten things out.  Well, again, wrong.

How about that Big 10?  All the experts favorite whipping boy conference.  And the SEC West, maybe not as great as everyone thought. Maybe teams like Alabama need to take Louisiana-Monroe, Middle Tennessee and Charleston Southern off their schedule (those are all teams the mighty Tide will beat up next season).

Ohio State 42  Alabama 35

My pick - the Tide, with my No. 1 confidence pick.  Whiff...  My record is at 22-10 and I'm on top of my picks pool, for now.

Mrs. Keith said during the game, "So, this is it except for the championship, right?"  Hardly - there are four games today.  Talk about anticlimactic after last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment