Sunday, December 21, 2014

Raycom Media Camellia Bowl

New bowl game!!  More is always better right - like more nausea, more bills, more tuna casserole.


Live from Cramton Bowl in downtown Montgomery, former site of the Blue/Grey All Star game that was played on Christmas Day.  Hey, there's an idea, play this game on Christmas Day for sad sacks like me that would watch it instead of spending time with kith and kin.  Nice integration of a football into the logo.

Bowling Green vs. South Alabama

Hello Jaguars - their first ever trip to a bowl game.  Not a bad accomplishment for a team that jumped to the top level of college football just a couple years ago. 

Wow, nice crowd for this game, mostly South Alabama fans who made the trip up from Mobile.  The place looked pretty crowded.  Boy #1 decided to deign me with his presence to watch this one with me. Unfortunately I missed the end which evidently was quite exciting.  But when games end after 12:30am, there's only so much football I can watch.

Big game for BG quarterback James Knapke, who threw for 368 yards and two touchdowns. The Falcons have a pro type receiver in Roger Lewis who had the play of the game. With the Jaguars taking the lead with just over a minute to play, Knapke hit Lewis for a 78 yard strike to get the win.

Bowling Green 33  South Alabama 28

-This game had a little of everything, including South Alabama coach Joey Jones getting his nose bloodied. I have no idea what happened for his nose to be busted open, and I'd rather not know - I'd like to think he went out on the field and started throwing hay makers instead of finding out he tripped over his headset cord.
-The scheduling of these five games was terrible. Kind of a kick in the face of the locals when this game ended after midnight Montgomery time.  There were games in Boise, Las Vegas and New Mexico that all could have been played late - or on Christmas Day.

-What did I eat:  A leftover piece of Papa John's pizza.  It didn't get any better sitting in the fridge for ten hours.

-Bowl swag:  Players get a Camellia Bowl pylon. Seriously.


-My pick Bowling Green.  My record is now 4-1.  I went back and checked my Yahoo picks and I evidently picked Colorado State.  What?

Today is for the NFL then the inaugural Miami Beach Bowl Monday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment